The following questions have been answered below. If you have any other questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is included in the conference fee for a regular attendee?
- When should I arrive and register? When does the conference close?
- Why do you charge VAT on attendee fees for a Business to Business event ?
- How should the VAT and reverse charge procedures be handled?
- How many attendees are expected and from which countries?
- Do I have to enter all information anew when registering as a returning attendee?
- What is the group discount?
- How do I register as a group?
- Do I need to register all employees at the same time to obtain the group discount?
- How will the discount be calculated and granted?
- How do I create a group for my employees?
- Can someone else take over my registration and is cancelling possible?
- What is included in the Guest Pass?
- Can I invite my customers to Directions EMEA?
- How do I view or change my Conference registration information?
- How do I register for Microsoft’s workshops?
- If any special services for sponsor booth setup are required who can I address to?
- How information is to be communicated during the conference?
- When, where and how long sponsor videos will be played?
- What can we use as a bag insert?
- What meals will be provided at Directions EMEA 2017 ?
- What is the venue for the Community Celebration Dinner?
What is included in the conference fee for a regular attendee?
The conference fee includes:
- Participation in all sessions except for Microsoft workshops. PLEASE NOTE: Microsoft workshops might require additional registration, this will be separately handled by Microsoft.
- Lunch (Oct. 29, 30, 31) and evening receptions (Oct 29, Oct, 30, Oct 31) as well as coffee breaks snacks and beverages severed during the day.
- Shuttle-bus service on the Community Celebration Party.
- Participation in the Theme Dinner on Oct. 30 including all on-site attractions, meals and beverages.
- Access to the exhibition area.
When should I arrive and register? When does the conference close?
- You can register as early as the pre-conference day, Sunday at 14:00. We also invite you to join us for the welcome reception on Sunday at 18.00 - 22.00.
- On the first conference day (October 29), you can register from 7:00 to 9.00. The Keynote starts on Monday at 9:00. We request you for timely arrival.
- The last session on Wednesday (October 31) finishes at 16:15.
Why do you charge VAT on attendee fees for a Business to Business event ?
According to EU law we are obliged to charge VAT locally for admissions to events (B2B Services), see link below:
How should the VAT and reverse charge procedures be handled?
Admission to events, exhibitions and conferences in the EU is subject to VAT in the country where the event takes place. This is because within the EU, the place of supply for a number of services related to events is generally deemed to be the Member State in which they take place. Directions EMEA has been registered as a VAT payer in the Netherlands under the VAT no. NL825625142B01.
For details on VAT and reverse charge, please visit: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/vat_on_services/index_en.htm
How many attendees are expected and from which countries?
The number of attendees is estimated to exceed the number from last year in Prague, which was 2100. We expect approximately 2300 attendees.
Do I have to enter all information anew when registering as a returning attendee?
In 2017, a new platform was implemented to manage sponsor and attendee registration, therefore attendees that did not take part in the 2017 event might be required to enter all information anew.
What is the group discount?
The Directions EMEA group discount is applicable to each company which registers their employees as a group. If 5 or more employees from the same company register as a group, the admission can be purchases with a relevant discount. For details concerning the discounts rates for groups consisting of 5-9, 10 + members, please go to http://www.directionsemea.com/group-discounts.
How do I register as a group?
If you add someone to a group it is automatically assigned to the first person.There is no need to declare the number of attendees upfront. For groups of 10 attendees and more , please contact email@example.com.
Do I need to register all employees at the same time to obtain the group discount?
It is not required to register at the same time.. If other employees register later and are added to the existing group, the discount will still be calculated, however for the admission rates valid on the day of registration. Please, make sure that such registrations are done via the primary contact.
How will the discount be calculated and granted?
The discount will be applied during the registration checkout and it is calculated per person.
Can someone else take over my registration and is cancelling possible?
Yes, it is possible to change your registration so that a colleague can take your place at Directions EMEA 2018. There are no additional costs and you can use the registration portal. However, if the change is made after October 15, please contact us to ensure that a badge is printed for the right person (attendee data is sent for printing badges on Oct. 15).
Every attendee can cancel his/her registration and get a refund. The refund will not include the transaction fees for paying and refunding.
NOTE: After September 15 no refunds will be given after cancellation.
What is included in the Guest Pass?
The Guest Pass is for people who only would like to attend the two expo receptions and the Theme Dinner (for example, spouses). Please, keep in mind that guests are allowed to enter into the Conference area and lunch facilities during the event.
Can I invite my customers to Directions EMEA?
Directions EMEA is a Dynamics NAV partner conference and people who register will have to enter the Microsoft Account No. during registration. Therefore, only partners are invited to attend
How do I view or change my Conference registration information?
Once you have registered, you will be able to view your registration information by logging into the Directions EMEA 2018 registration site using the user name and password you entered at the time of registration.
How do I register for Microsoft’s workshops?
If any registration is required in 2018, details will be announced by Directions EMEA as soon as information is provided by Microsoft.
If any special services for sponsor booth setup are required who can I address to?
For any type of special booth services, please send your request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Directions committee will decide upon supporting the request and help arranging the necessary additional agreements for additional services (if possible).
The management of additional services (as well as related invoicing) will be handled directly between the sponsoring company and the respective service provider. All special services must be agreed directly between the sponsoring company and the respective service provider.
The Directions EMEA Committee will support you, but will not be directly involved in such agreements and activities.
How information is to be communicated during the conference?
A mobile app, which you will be available from respective app stores, will be used as the main means of communication. Download information and credentials will be sent to you by email. Details will be provided on the Directions EMEA website. As last year, within the mobile app, you will find a complete list of all attendees, sponsors and speakers, speakers’ bios, session and workshop schedules, which is important because no booklet will be provided. By means of the mobile app, you will be also able to compose your own track, evaluate sessions and provide us your feedback.
When, where and how long sponsor videos will be played?
For information on sponsor packages, read the Sponsor Package Overview which will be made available at our website. Platinum & Gold Sponsors‘ videos will be shown before each Keynote as well as in the exhibition area whereas Silver and Bronze Sponsors‘ videos in the exhibition area. The videos will be muted in the exhibition area. The videos should last maximum one minute.
What can we use as a bag insert?
There are no specific requirements on bag insert except for its size – it cannot be bigger than the A4 format and spacious. Please, keep also in mind that there are many sponsors and each of them have the possibility to place BI into the bag. Sponsors usually provide company leaflets.
When and where should bag inserts and sponsor materials for booth be delivered?
Detailed information will be provided by Directions EMEA team members responsible for sponsorship.
The address is:
(to be confirmed)
Delivery should be sent with the following information:
- Event Name: Directions EMEA 2018
- Number of colli.
- Purpose: bag insert or sponsor booth (please, mark packages explicitly; this will enable us to distribute your materials appropriately)
- Sender (incl. contact person details)
Please, just let us know via email@example.com that you have send your materials.
What meals will be provided at Directions EMEA 2018 ?
For each conference day, 2 coffee breaks and lunch have been planned. Extra meals will be served at evening events including a welcome reception (Oct. 29), walking dinner during the Exhibition (Oct. 30) and Theme Dinner (Oct. 31). All meals include beverages. Should you have any specific dietary requirements, please indicate it at online registration.
What is the venue for the Community Celebration Dinner?
The venue is a surprise! We will take you to the seaside. Let’s meet on October 30 to network and enjoy meeting together !